Sunday, September 2, 2007

In all of my years.....

I've never seen a city like this. It's crazy. Everything you picture a city being, it is....

I arrived in Shanghai last week, and have found that I am in utter awe of this country. It's amazing. Downtown Shanghai is just as you see images of it being. Everything is neon, advertisments litter the building sides, and every building is taller than the next. I can't imagine just how this city was imagined. Buildings are put up in no time, workers work around the clock to finish a building. On Friday night workers were still building at 9 p.m. It's nuts.

I also find myself forgetting that I'm China. It's takes me walking out of my apartment to realize this. I hang out at a local coffee shop called "SPR Coffee." It looks just like Central Perk on the TV show Friends.

Breakfast sucks. I had to go to the local Wal-Mart (which I will write about at a later time) and I bought Cheerios and lunchmeat. The food is overrated.

But I'm loving my experience here, I'm learning more about the people of China everyday, which is why I came. During a taxi ride tonight, I found myself being comfortable with the idea of living here. Granted, I don't like being here with a group of 30 Americans, I can't wait to be on my own and discover and learn about this city and culture on my own.

1 comment:

NathanLee said...

Sounds cool man...wish I was there with you.